Estimated Time to Read: 3 minutes
eLearning is increasingly taking the lead role in business education, corporate training and professional workshops, driving new skill set acquisition and knowledge management across diverse organizations. Furthermore, rapid elearning solutions has outpaced the common methods and modules of training and education offering fast paced curriculum for donning new skill set and grounds of knowledge. In more ways than one, rapid elearning became the indomitable future of professional training and corporate knowledge management for breaching the gap of expertise. Moreover with mobile learning and new learning modules in handheld devices becoming common, rapid learning continued to encompass and topple over every other form of education and training.
Here are some statistics that portray how dominating and invincible elearning is continuing to become in comparison with other modes of education.
• Elearning industry stood at a whopping figure of $56.2 billion in 2014 which is going to be just double at the end of 2015.
• As per the report received from world’s biggest corporations and vast majority of business houses, elearning continues to become the second most important training module and soon going to take over so called traditional instructor led training.
• According to the cost estimate on corporate training and education, businesses save at least 50% on their spending when replacing traditional more of training with instructional design services. Today’s fast paced rapid elearning will further add to the saving.
• According to a latest study, at least 46% of college students are enrolled in at least one online course. By 2019 as expected, on an average 50% of classes in colleges and institutions will be held online. Obviously, the proliferation of rapid elearning in all educational niches will play a major role in this.
• As for energy conservation and eco friendliness elearning leaves behind traditional curriculums by huge measure. Open University of Britain following a recent study has reported that elearning courses save at least 90% of energy consumed by traditional classes.
• IBM following a recent study reported that elearning can increase productivity in a business organization up to 50%.
• In a recent survey, 72% of participant companies reported that coping up with the emerging technologies has largely been possible thanks to rapid elearning.
Key reasons behind the increasing importance of rapid elearning solutions in all facets of education
Today, in all facets of education and training elearning is fast replacing the traditional modes of education. With the emergence of new technologies and hi-tech educational environment demanding more engagement and interaction, the demand for fast paced learning became obvious. The learning environment whether in educational institutions or in corporate workplaces became more demanding and skill focused. With this emerging range of professional demands education and training has to undergo new learning maneuvers and that is what today learners expects from rapid elearning courses (www.articulate.com/rapid-elearning/5-easy-ways-share-e-learning-courses/) and modules. Let us explain here some of the key reasons behind the increasing importance of rapid elearning solutions across all facets of education.
• Emerging technologies like mobile devices, apps and wearable tech made rapid elearning as a viable learning mode for millions. One no longer needs either a classroom or device specific course anymore. He can access education anywhere, anytime through an array of devices.
• Emergence of new technologies paved the necessity for rapid skill set development in workplaces and that further necessitated rapid elearning and knowledge management process.
• Accessibility, cost advantage and flexibility made rapid elearning so popular a mode of education in a variety of environments.
From changing faces of technology and demands of skill set to intensive social learning exposure, there is a whole array of factors that contributed to the growing importance of elearning.